Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Teacher Azie

img034-01a


loved the book-shopping part


img035-01a




now where did that come from? :p



yes, as most of you can guess. i'm doing tuition classes! im teaching English to the children of my mom's friends. :p


Su, Muzzammil, Ira, Solehah and Huzaifah are my first ever students. as much as im excited to teach them, im actually proud to say that they're very much excited to learn with me too!


on our first day, (which was last Monday) as their mom came to pick them up, Ira screamed, "MA!!! BES!!!"


it made me have a huge grin all day long.


they were pretty good in English already so i had much fun with them. last Monday, we learned nouns. and this morning we learned articles and verbs. i was figuring last night how to make them learn in a much more fun way. i've always loved rhyming poems and tongue twisters. so that's what i used. here, have a read yourself.


(these were the tongue twisters and poems that i used for Ira and Muzzammil)



Does he know that we know that he knows.


Big Billy, who had a big belly was also a big bully.


How many cuckoos could a good cook cook, if a cook could cook cuckoos.




I don’t know what to do today.

Perhaps I’ll go outside and play,


or stay indoors and watch TV,


or take a bath, or climb a tree.


Or maybe I’ll go ride my bike,


or pick my nose, or take a hike,


or jump a rope, or scratch my head,


or play a game, or stay in bed,


or dance a jig, or pet the cat,


or drink some milk, or buy a hat,


or sing a song, or read a book,


or change my socks, or learn to cook,


or dig a hole, or eat a pear,


or call my friends, or brush my hair,


or hold my breath, or have a race,


or stand around and slap my face.


I’m so confused, and bored, and blue,


to not know what I ought to do.


I guess that I should just ask you.


So, what do you think I should do?








and these were the ones for Su:




She sells sea shells by the sea shore.
The shells she sells are surely seashells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I'm sure she sells seashore shells.


How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would
if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Breakfast in Bed


This morning I made my mom breakfast in bed.


I tried to be careful, but burnt all the bread.


I tried to make sure that the coffee was hot,


by boiling the bit left in yesterday's pot.


I charred a few pancakes, potatoes, and grits.


The sausage, I seared into smouldering bits.


I made her some muffins like miniature coals,


and roasted a package of cinnamon rolls.


I scorched several servings of hamburger hash,


and microwaved bacon until it was ash.


I blackened a bagel, which started to smoke.


The smoke alarm sounded. My mother awoke.


I think she was panicked. Her eyes filled with dread.


I proudly presented her breakfast in bed.


She grimaced, then silently counted to ten,


and asked me to never make breakfast again.




it was great to see that they laughed alot and had so much fun. i made them try to read the tongue twisters as fast as they could. and after a few tries, they managed! and they were so glad that they did. after reading them, i asked them to underline all the verbs. thats how we learned verbs. :)

Su, the eldest among them told me just now that Ira didnt want to go home after yesterday's class. hehehe cute kan?


03122008010athey actually really like doing the practices! every time they've finished one, they'd ask to do more. look at how concentrated they are.


03122008009athis was taken by my mom this morning. Solehah and Huzaifah couldnt come today as they were at kampung.



03122008011athat's Su. the eldest among them. she has such great confidence that i admire. she wants to be a heart surgeon just like her dad.


having so much fun teaching them makes me want to be a primary school teacher. ive always loved kids and i think im quite good with them. Muzzammil, who's entering standard 6 next year has been starting to open up alot. he's been asking things that he dont know to me rather than to her sister which means he's being comfortable with me.


his mom has been saying that he's the most shy among them and he doesnt speaks alot. but he's actually doing okay with me. he told me that they're going to Genting in the next 2 weeks and he said he loves going there. so after doing our practices, i asked him. "did you have fun today?" and he answered, "yes, fun like Genting" hehehe cute.


ive got 15 more hours (7/8 more days) with them. and im looking forward to every minute of it.


:)

22 comments:

  1. waaaa...

    best nye ajar kids..
    I love kids, but I don't really love to teach them.
    It's sooo fussy, you know. Hehehe.

    "Fun like Genting?"
    ish3... Kids nowadays.
    Hahaha!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. and wait?

    Twilight?
    Welcome to the club,Azie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo teacher azie :)
    it is hard actually to teach kids nowadays..
    especially boys...
    i'm teaching my adik alone and i'm totally tired...
    may be sbb kakak die, die brani la buli :D
    susa nk trigger die suh blaja...
    smpi kene tdo pkul 1 lbey buat ppt nk prepare tuk blaja sifir :)
    best wishes to teacher azie :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang tak jeles ngan mat rid?dah jadi teacher dah pon..
    huhu

    ReplyDelete
  5. a vampire story for those who f**k vampire stories! :D
    ha ha ha. Tak sabar nak tgk movie dia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. h0h0..y0u make a g0od teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. comel je azie jd ckg :)) good for u :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi azie~

    i was a teacher too for d past 2 days,,

    n i dont think that it is easy to teach them grammar!!!

    OMG,,wut should i do azie??

    *huh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. clap2!

    tahniah teacher aziee! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. moja: fussy, yes. even more when they're siblings. becoz no normal brothers and sisters would sit together without quarreling about the smallest things. but i like the challenge.

    you should try u know. :p
    yupp, im in the club now! hehe


    wanie:hehehe yea they are a bit of a challenge but i try my best.
    he bullies u? hmm, mebe what ur lil bro needs is, a rotan. worked for our generation, didnt it? hehe :p


    jazli: mat rid dah jadi cgu? eh awainya! katna?
    yupp, tengok movie plak pasni! :D


    shaza: insyaAllah shaza. :)


    nashrah: hehe they're the comel ones. :p


    k.amal: hi kak mal! hehehe having some probs eh? grammar can be confusing for them if we explain too much (like how we explain to our friends) so what i do is, i give them very concrete examples and practices.

    like for learning verbs, i asked them to do actions so that they know that those words are verbs.

    and for adjectives, i told them to write about their dream house. they'll use alot of adjectives in describing it so thats how they learn.

    and of course, lots of practise. lots! hehehe happy teaching kak mal! oh btw, who are u teaching? adi and his frens?


    chip: hehehe tq!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://jelingaku.blogspot.com/2008/10/status-menganggurku-berubah-dalam-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. tq azie~

    it is very helpful,,:D

    nope,,i was a replacement teacher[for 2 days only,,let me specify,,:p] for a tuition centre.a class of naughty kids.haha.

    n it was my first time teaching those kids n u know wut? i dont really hate kids~

    they are cHomeL~hehe,,

    happY teaching aziE!!

    p/s;i want to teach them again,,can i??*sobsob*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow way 2 go teacher!
    i wish i have the confidence to teach too.
    i remember after spm my mom didnt allow me to work in town, n ask me if i cn give tuition classes to my neighbor's kids instead. i said ok initially. when there are already 4 year 5 students wanna join the class, i sumhow felt i cant handle it. huhu..the week before supposed class i called each moms n apoloize that tuition class x jadi. n all because of me being diffident! i always knew i have been that way even during highskool. everytime people ask me things, i'd love to share, but i just cant stand the expectations. then i end up telling things that doesnt meet up their Q. n retreat to the back of the class.
    huhu..(U.U)"

    haha sorry2 to ramble bout these unneccessaries.
    anyway, keep up the good work teacher azie! may Allah bless u n those who shares His never-ending knowledge with others.

    ReplyDelete
  14. k. amal: waaaaaah, kak mal doesnt hate kids anymore! good for u!!! hahahaha.

    go to the tuition centre,k. mal and let them hire u for good. or there's always next sem. :)

    elly-jen: no apologies required dear. u know, every individual is created with their own unique skills. and urs, is to cut ppl open. hehehe.

    so no worries of u having a hard time with teaching. u can leave that to us. ;)

    thanks for ur doa. ameeen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are one step closer to become a professor. good for you!

    ps: nnt time praktikal i wanna plagiarize these activities you made. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. safwan: i am? hehe thank you safwan. oh sure, just leave me some credit in your practical report. heheheheh :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey2. jap. u create on ur own ke ni? or iits somethin u found in the internet?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. chip: the poems and tongue twisters mestila dr intenet. uuu otak ku tidak sebegitu geliga untuk merekanya sniri. :p

    but the ideas are mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi theacher Azie. Good to talk to you.
    Sue is not here because she has enter to sm science bukit mertajam starting last wednesday.where are you now. It is good to see the pictures. Take care of yourself , your mother and Atam.ok kirim salam to your family and yourself. And thanks for teaching us english. I wish we can study together again because i can see you and Atam at your house.
    Today we had our sport day at USM.Muzzammil won two medals and i got one for merentas desa. not so bad.Bye- bye.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ira:
    hi ira!! nice to see you're reading my blog.
    the photos are nice right? i like them too. :)
    wow, its good to hear that Su got the school! alhamdulillah.
    u must miss her now, dont you? ;)
    im at shah alam. at my university.

    wowww, you won a medal? and muzzammil got 2 medals?? that's awesome!
    congratulations!!

    hope i could see you guys soon.
    hope you're doing good at school.
    and read a lot of english books.
    i miss all of you!
    take care ok!

    bye-bye!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes i really miss her.But t his day we are going to see her.I and Muzzammil are so happy because you reply our mesage.I hope we can see again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi kak AziE... or should i calL teacher azie!! guess who.. im su la..
    im studying in a boarding school now.. haha.. u must think its a dream come true for me. well, i was pretty excited when i got the call.. and i stayed there for about 2 weeks. then only i know how it was to study in a SBP ..
    the h00rror begins.. it was sooo hard.. all the studying,, prep time,, the tight schedule... OMG!!! i dont know how on Earth u survive.!!!!!!!!!
    well,, my mom said that if i really cant stand it there, i can go back to SGGS. dont worry,, im still thinking about it.. do u think i should continue since its a fardhu kifayah,, or should i go back to my old school???? i need ur opinion on that.

    oh well.. enough about me.. how r u??? hope ur in a gud condition.. hope u can continue teaching us during holidays this year.. really miss u..
    (n atam, of course) =) bye.. reply me as soon as u can.. ASSAALmUALAIKUM..

    ReplyDelete