Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thank You

I wonder why I haven't had much to write lately. Actually I do. But just not in here. Anyway, today seems like a relaxing day for me so I guess I'll write a bit.

It has been 2 days since my birthday. And to tell you the truth, I wasn't as excited as I normally would when the days got nearer. I've always loved birthdays. Be it mine or my loved ones. But this time... There was something indescribable happening inside me. It was like a heavy feeling. Like something was going to happen. And it wouldn't be something nice.

So that night, when we came back from our trip to KL PAC, knowing that my birthday was just an hour away, I felt sad. I felt really sad. In the bus, I stared out the window thinking what could possibly be the reason of me feeling like this. I just watched the cars go by. Drooling at some that I could only dream of owning. But all the while failing to find the reason why. Silently, I made a prayer,

"Ya Allah, please save us,"

Save from what? I wasn't sure myself.

Then my buddy made an announcement and made the whole bus sing Happy Birthday. Some just woke up from their sleep. Some didn't even wake up from their sleep. Hahaha that was very cute. Thanks guys.

The surprise continued at home. We had a very sinful supper that night. But it was all worth it. I love my housemates. :)

The next day, I woke up thinking. The clock is ticking. Soon, my birthday will end without anything happening. And yes, just a few blinks later, it ended.

So to this date, I have existed for 21 years and 2 days. And surrounding me are these amazing people that have offered me more that I could ever asked for. Family and friends, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Alhamdulillah.

I wonder how many years are left in stored. I wonder what are in stored. Well actually, Ya Allah, don't tell me. I want it to be a surprise.

My birthday was full of it. Surprises, I mean. And I loved them all. Except for one. The one that answered the question. The one that I wish would've wrapped up my great day. But it didn't.




Allahummahdini bilhudaa wannaqini bittaqwaa wagfirli fil aakhirati wal uulaa.
"Ya Allah kurnia daku dengan hidayahMu dan bersihkan daku dengan takwaMu dan ampunilah daku di dunia dan akhirat. Amiin."




5 comments:

  1. Whatever are the reasons for you to feel that way, I pray for The Almighty to lessen your burden, Selamat hari lahir Azie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romzi: That is so very sweet of you. :) Thank you Romzi. Amiiin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. azie, i want to say it again. happy bday! i just had to rush over and gv u a hug cause i know u dont hv classes the next day. but then again, i forgot the purpose of social networking sites mcm facebook. tp wishing u personally is better than wishing u online kan? dont worry, i think the feelings will go away soon and u'll embrace that 21 years of your life. there's more to come now and i think they are great things. i just know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry azie, kaknad tatau pun hrtu bday azie. Happy birthday from kaknad, abgyeh and adam :D. take care darl..and be happy okie? mwahs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nashrah: you were among the few who gave me a birthday hug. And yes, thats muchhh better than an online wish. So thank you thank you thank you :)
    Yupp, im hoping it'll go away soon too. I think it has little to do with being 21. But then, hmmm I dont know. Im still unsure.
    But thank you Nashrah. You've been such an angel. :)

    Kak Nad: Hehe takpee. Thank you kak nad, abang yeh and handsome muhd adam. I will. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete