Saturday, June 26, 2010

Teacher Update #1

So here it goes:

  1. Out on the road by 6.15 am.
  2. Been given Relief classes during ROS. Lots of them.
  3. Have entered classes that will be teaching.
  4. Will be teaching one class of Form 1 and one class of Form 4.
  5. Have done ice-breaking.
  6. The ice broke well. I like my students. A lot.
  7. They used to read storybooks when I think they're not looking. English ones. Thick, English ones.
  8. When I tell them, "You can ask me anything you want." One of them said, "Teacher, you mean, like 'how many stars are there in the sky?"
  9. They LOVE vampires. Oh and werewolves too.
  10. I asked them "how do you differentiate between those two?" Their answers included, "werewolves have hair in their insides."
  11. I love calling out their names. They have very nice names.
  12. I love how they look at me.
  13. I love how naughty they are.
  14. I love how curious they are.
  15. I love how easily excited (get noisy) they are.
  16. I love how brilliant they are.
  17. I get excited every morning to meet them.
  18. They make me forget how tired I am.
  19. They inspire me by being such interesting individuals.
  20. They remind me why I wanted so bad to do TESL.
  21. They remind me why I wanted so bad to be a teacher. Yes, a teacher. :)

How are you fellow teachers doing? Having as much fun as me, I hope. :) Anyways, hope it's not too late to wish all of you GOOD LUCK! :D

6 comments:

  1. So u have started teaching!! good luck..

    re no.11: yes, kids nowadays have lovely names
    no.12: and yes, kids love to look at lovely teacher..so, they must love looking at you!!

    no.17: May the excitement last till the day of ur retirement...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky i must say :)
    i love the students, but the admin works are unbearable once u've become permanent teacher...
    will meet my students next week, hopefully everything goes with the flow :))

    p/s: masih mencari cinta dengan profession perguruan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Nor: I'm on my practical actually. :)

    11. they do! makes me easy to remember them.
    12. hehe thats nice. but naahh, I just have a feeling they really love English.
    17. AMIIIN! thats one thing i've been praying for too!

    Thanks, Kak Nor. :)

    Wani: I must say I'm very lucky. With a little push, my students are just awesome.
    Admin work? Hmm, I know what you mean. Tiring kan? But I bet you'll be fine. Best of luck to you Teacher Wani!

    p/s: ia di situ. sabar menunggu. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. teacher azie membuatkan saya makin bersemanagt untuk praktikum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww. this is soothing yet inspiring, azie.
    keep it up. my turn will come soon.
    quite nervous actually. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romzi: You go Teacher Romzi! YEAHH! :D

    taufik: Thanks, Taufik. :) With the proficiency and knowledge like yours, I bet you'll be a great teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete