Thursday, February 24, 2011

Super Senior

Tonight, I have chosen to chillax (cool word, huh?). Assignments are killing me softly but then again, being a master procrastinator as I am, I'm going to wait till it's near deadline to work on it. Lazy? Naah, I just have other priorities.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna write something about assignments tonight just to ease the guilt. At least I'm thinking about it, right? So, anyways, sometimes when I do my assignments I like to look at others work to get inspiration and kinda develop my points from there. It's not plagiarizing. It's inspiration-seeking. And sometimes I spend too long in this inspiration-seeking stage that I end up being tired to complete my assignment and leave it hanging. So I've changed that habit, complete my work first-- write whatever that comes through my mind. And then, go find inspiration and add up wherever necessary. It saves up so much time!

So what I've discovered lately is that, after only finishing my work and go read others work, I've suddenly realized how beat-around-the-bush kind of writer I am! I mean, I know the question is stated clearly; "In a direct and clear essay, explain bla bla bla.." It says 'direct'. And there's a reason why lecturers put that word there, so that students wouldnt go wasting their time with irrelevant points. I could almost imagine my lecturers now reading my paper and saying, "What the heck is she talking about? Get to the point already!" (Okay, my lecturers don't speak like this. This is me exaggerating.)

So I try, I do, I try to just go straight to the point and deliver my facts and opinions. But.. it's just not fun and pretty. I like pretty writings that make you feel as if you're on air. The words float you and you're just up there smiling and feeling all.. well, airy. But I guess it doesn't work for research papers, journal reviews, and factual assignments like that, huh? It doesn't quite work for Literature papers, either. It may seem more tolerable but I guess it gets tiring after awhile for the lecturers, I mean.

It's my final semester. Been doing okay so far alhamdulillah, but to tell you the truth, completing my AE has not been a joy. Give me 10 novels to read or 10 movies to watch and let me write a review. Let me read children's poems all day or make me create poems myself, I will. Just not finding facts and research, facts and research. God, help me. :/

I guess the only motivation that has kept me moving is the fact that it's almost over and I want to leave with a huge smile on my face. So yeah, I need all the do'as I can get. My prayers are for all of you too. Don't hesitate to share your work with me. You'll get to be my inspiration. How's that for an offer? ;)
May Allah help us ease this journey. Amin.

7 comments:

  1. Yet another similarity between us...during A-Levels days,I was once directly told off by my history lecturer for beating around the bush...I got carried away by the romanticism in French Revolution!!(plus I hate having to hafal all those dates)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak Nor, I know what you mean! Treating every paper like a love letter seems to be my expertise.
    But I have to say, am pretty flattered that I have these similarities with you. Never mind that it's something like beating the bush. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dear azie, you got the point there.

    ;)

    goodluck for our AE !

    hait hait!

    p.s : the lecturer has more than one person's work to read/check. so that, by having all straight same anwers, it will make their works easier. as we have gone through as trainee teachers ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. At times i never get to get to my point before the foolscap paper ran out of lines. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tedy: Thank you! I know right? Thats why I appreciate even more those lecturers that enjoy unique pieces of work and not just standardized answers. :)

    Iliana: And then the lecturer would write, "Where's your answer?" And I wrote 2 pages already! -_-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep the good things coming in your way, InshaALLAH He ease your job in completing the assignments (AE, especially!) :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ibrahim: InsyaAllah, thank you. Goodluck to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete