Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Big Boss Appointment





I have always had this thing lingering in my mind. I deeply, highly, truly believe men have no excuses whatsoever to not solah. At home or in this case, outside home. There's just none. None. And when I mean not solah, I actually also mean, not solah on time. Men have no excuses whatsoever to not solah on time. Yes, this has always been on my mind. Why? Here are the reasons why:

  1. Men require very little effort in covering their aurat. They could very well wear anything that they are wearing at the time and go solah. No telekung-searching or waiting turns to use the telekung.
  2. Men don't have to worry about messing up their hijab. So their hair is wet by the wudhu'? Comb it and they're done.
  3. Men take so little time taking the wudhu'. They don't need to take off anything. Just go to the water source and wash their body parts. Done.
  4. And these 3 points brings us to; Men can take their wudhu' practically anywhere.
  5. Men don't need to re-wear anything after taking the wudhu'. They go straight off to pray.
  6. Men don't wear makeup. Thus, no hassle in wanting to remove it before taking the wudhu'.
  7. Men are men. The ones who Allah has chosen as Imams of families, the ones who'll guide his wife and children, the ones who should be the strong one. Spiritually I mean, not just physically.

So I keep thinking, if I were a boy, I could easily escape from something for barely 10 minutes or less to solah on time and noone would even notice. Too easy!
Sooo, yeah. That's what I think. You know how I think. It's never completely right but I just keep thinking about this whenever I have that someone whispering to me of the 1001 obstacles for me to not solah on time when I go to the mall or wherever. It could be, "but they don't have enough telekungs here" or "but the telekungs are so dirty" or "but I'm wearing eye-liner and I forgot to bring makeup remover so after taking the wudhu' my eyes would be all smudgy" or "the wudhu' place is not proper so I have to go to the toilet and take it there" and other petty things that would make me think that it's okay to solah once I reach home which would be incredibly late. Believe me, these old fellas know how to persuade.

But then, I keep on reminding myself what this kind auntie once told me, if we have set an appointment with someone, from a huge company and we know how important that meeting is for us, wouldn't we be ready outside the the person's door for at least 20 minutes early? Wouldn't we want to make a good impression and not make him wait for us? So this is our Lord we're talking about. He chooses certain people as his ambassadors to call out the azan, calling everyone to "hayya 'alal solah, hayya 'alal fallah" (let's solah, let's achieve success) 5 times a day without fail, and yet we ignore Him. Suddenly our watches or punctuality isn't significant for our appointment with The Boss of all Bosses. Even after He keeps saying that if we do it straight away, we'll get success. We think other things are more important like watching a movie or talking to a friend or eating than answering Allah's call. Or worse, petty petty things like not having the telekung or worrying about smudgy eyes. And we wonder why we never achieve success.

For the points up there, I highlighted why men should never exempt themselves from solah. But it doesnt mean that women should. It's just that I think Allah made it easier for men and as for women, we were given those challenges because Allah knows that we're just too awesome and we would easily face them. Allah knows best.

Telekung problem? Always bring a pair in your car. Or what I do is, I bring a pair of thick socks wherever I go. At least if the telekung's not available, there's always my hijab and the socks would cover my feet.

Makeup? Hmm, bring a small bottle of makeup remover with you. But I have always loved ladies who embrace their natural beauty that shines within.

Other problems? Where there's a will, there would always be a way, right? Allah would never ever make things difficult for us. And besides, it's to achieve success. Who in the world can offer a better trade? :)








P/s: As usual, just felt like sharing this self-reminder. Do remind me when I forget ya, friends? That's all me up there. ;(





6 comments:

  1. Umat Nabi S.A.W macam kita, Allah dah bagi kemudahan, kita boleh saja bersolah di mana-mana tempat, sudut di bumi ni.

    Masalah di Malaysia, selalu beralasan, jeans kotor, telekung mussolla dah lusuh.

    hey. Kotor bukan bermaksud najis. Kalau setakat terpalit tanah, tak ada masalah. Kalau setakat telekung dah lusuh dan buruk, tak perlu bertelekung jika aurat wanita dah tertutup mengikut syarak.

    Aku lebih suka katakan, telekung tu satu budaya di nusantara saja. Cantik ulama nusantara mengkaji bagaimana mahu menutup aurat dengan sempurna. Tapi, kadang-kadang terlalu diberatkan oleh orang kita sendiri. Tak ada telekung, tak boleh solah. Sebenarnya, tak. Boleh Saja.

    Tapi, walau depa beralasan, aku tetap bersangka yang depa semua pentingkan kebersihan dan kesempurnaan untuk bertemu Tuhan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazli: Setuju! Alasannya nampak saja lemah tapi memang, bila dalam situasi yang betul2 memerlukan telekung dan telekung yang disediakan pula sangatlah tak menyelerakan, kekusyukan solat pun terganggu sebenarnya. :(

    Jadii, tak salah sediakan payung sebelum hujan kan? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for d reminder :)

    Sekarang2 pun dah malas keluar nak bermakeup sbb lambt nak solat nnt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zawani: With beautiful skin like yours, I dont see why not. Thanks to you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a reminder for me as well.

    trimas azie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hajar: Alhamdulillah. Thanks for reading, Hajar :)

    ReplyDelete