Saturday, July 30, 2011

Home





Today my dad's office had a Family Day at Batu Feringhi. The food was plenty and you know how much I love beaches. It was nice. It was just really nice.

I don't know if it's me aging or it's just me being melodramatic as always, but lately I've been savoring every moment that I'm having with my family. I guess I've always been the clingy type compared to my brothers, wanting to tag along wherever my parents go. But as life evolves and just realizing that you can't turn back time, I just feel like every second is important.

I catch myself stealing glances at them; watching them eat or speak or even sleep. And besides taking lots of photos and videos, I'm just literally capturing the moments in my mind and heart. I want to remember everything. How my dad always gives us the fruit that he's peeling before peeling and eating it for himself. How my mom always smell of flowers without having to wear any perfume. How my big brother does that laugh and I would laugh hear him laughing. Or how my little brother always cook sliced sausages with omelets and save some for me.

30 years from now, insyaAllah, if I'm still here and breathing, I would want to still remember all the small things and smile knowing that Allah has given me such a wonderful life filled with amazing people. Ever since graduating, I've been staying at home with my family and it's just so nice to be really home again. I've been living away in hostels since 13 so being here with them again is just so nice. So nice, Ya Allah. Monday will be the starting of the long awaited Ramadhan, and being home to sahur, cook and ifthar together is just a blessing. Alhamdulillah.

I know that I'll be away again soon. But being with them now is just something that I'm so grateful for. They are my everything. They are my home.










Salaam Ramadhan, everyone.

Lets make every second count to bring us closer to Allah. InsyaAllah. :)






3 comments:

  1. you've been staying in a hostel since 13? waa. that is such a long time. Anyway, salam ramadan azie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. azieeee. salam ramadhan to you and your family.

    and it's true, some moment better captured with heart because it does last longer. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taufik: I have and it is, isnt it? That's why every second at home just feels so precious. May you have a good ramadhan too Taufik. :)

    Tedy: It does! And we get to edit it according to how our hearts want it too. ;)
    Salam ramadhan to you and your family too Tedy. :)

    ReplyDelete