Monday, November 12, 2012

Learning




Are you hot or are you cold? Is the light too bright? Did you have enough milk? Is there a mosquito in your kelambu? To put on your blanket or not to put on your blanket? To cover just your legs or your whole body? Or leave your hands out? Is your diaper too tight or too loose? Should you wear a hat? Why are you not sleeping? Do you like baby powder on your body or do you feel fresher without it? How about lotion? Why is your poo poo green? Is my phone ringtone bugging you? Do you need a soother? Are your socks too tight? Is it the cheese? Or orange? Is minyak yu yee too hot for you? Do you like your shirt?  Is the water warm enough? Why are you not burping?


Dear 'Aysha,

I'm so new to this, I'm surprised that you still  manage to give me your sweet smile. If only you could answer these questions and help ummi to take good care of you. I'm lucky to have your Opah here who has helped to make you stop crying and fall asleep many times when I fail to. And once in awhile when your Babah is here, he'd be giving you his calming 'Laailahaillallah lullaby' too. Your Pakude Aiman has surprisingly been good at dozing you off as well. I'm thankful to them and I'm sorry that I sometimes don't know what to do.. I really am trying my best though. But 'Aysha, it's okay that you can't answer all of my questions now. Just later, when you're big enough to understand all this, I'll be asking you another question-

"Do you love me, 'Aysha?"

And I sure pray, that you'd still give me that sweet smile and say, "I love you, Ummi."

 





 


5 comments:

  1. Aysha is so adorable :) you'll be great, don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not gonna tell you not to worry ...coz as mothers, we will always do that. Its our job!! To worry over the welfare of those under our care,alongside the abundant prayers and istighfar, for sometimes we do go overboard and trying to do more than what we are expected to and sometimes tend to think that we know everything when it comes to our loved ones,when in fact it is not, for only HIM knows everything...( hope it makes sense...Im excited :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I am writing on behalf of Weeclicks Network Sdn Bhd. We like to consider advertising on your website. Please email us at theng@weeclicks.com.my to discuss further. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. westbrook jersey
    kevin durant jersey
    Serge Ibaka Jersey
    http://www.oklahomathundershop.us/
    I have a photograph of Umslopogaas which was taken the day before his death. The face might have served some Greek sculptor for the model of that of a dying god.I think that we trekked from Maritzburg on and took thirty-five days to traverse the four hundred odd miles

    ReplyDelete